Monday, September 8, 2014

MOMMA MONDAY-Wrap Me Up Before You Go Go...

So let’s talk baby talk. It’s Momma Monday! Yay! Ok… so maybe it’s not so exciting that it’s Monday, but come on people, work with me. I’m trying this new thing called positive thinking. It’s not quite working yet considering I’m sleep and caffeine deprived, I have bean burrito on my skirt (YUP, joys of now eating 1 handed), I have to work, and my mother in law just called me and told me that my daughter laughed for the first time and I wasn’t there… But I’m thinking POSITIVE right??... Maybe??... We might try again for tomorrow. 
Photo: I had tons of fun with these girls. I am prejudice but don't we look great? If my mom could see us now! :-) #mommycon thank you for a great day. We loved the #joovy display as well!Anyways, wanted to share some of my experience from this past week. I attended Mommy-Con in Memphis for the first time ever. Let me just say, it was one of the neato-est things I’ve ever been to. (Yes I just said neato-est and it is a word in my dictionary). I went with Baby H, of course, and my 3 sisters and their nursing babies. We all have children 15 months and under. Crazy huh? It was 500 mommies and daddies gathering where you get to see a lot of the new baby products out there on the market and listen to various discussions on hot topics out there for parents.  
Photo: #liltulips #liltulip #mommyconmemphisLet me just say it was crazy! From Joovy to Itzy Rity and Ergo, there were tons of companies and their newest products out there that you get to look at and try. You even get to go through the different booths and try with your baby the newest carriers out there. Speaking of, that’s what I wanted to talk about. I never ever thought I would be one of those mommas that had my baby strapped to me with a long piece of fabric. It just honestly never looked safe and didn’t look comfortable and I only thought the groovy hippie chick moms could pull them off. WRONG! The one I tried was the Ergobaby Wrap and let me tell you, it was the most comfortable and easiest carrier I have tried! I attended one of the classes with one of my sisters where they show you how to wrap it, insert your baby and various ways to carry them. I loved how they showed you the various safe ways of wrapping so that your baby would actually have to fail and fall through 3 different “seatbelts” as they put it, before they would even fall out.  So easy with the elastic material, convenient with how small you can wrap it up and carry it around, and comfy with the soft material and Baby H LOVED it. Plus, I felt like she was extremely secure and safe. Safety first! I even saw daddies wearing them! 
I was so thrilled with my experience and the ease of putting it on and how much Baby H liked it, that I went home and told my husband and he said HE would even wear it. Of course, only if I didn’t get any girly colors. He has to keep up his manly-man persona you know… lol So we just figured out our next baby purchase.  
Photo: Sister time at @MommyConUSA
So let me just say, if you ever are interested in wearing your little one, which I extremely encourage, don’t be afraid to try something new such as wrapping your baby. If I can do it, you can do it. What carrier do you like to Go Go with your baby? 
Maybe we’ll see you next year at Mommy-Con, but until then… 
TTFN (Ta Ta For Now) 

No comments:

Post a Comment