Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting Started With Suprises

Hello everyone! So my husband and I found out we were pregnant about 5 weeks ago. Yeah! We don't know exactly how far along I am but we are thinking right at 9 weeks. My husband took my first official pregnancy photo so maybe we can start to see the eventual changes later.




It has been a couple of challenging weeks for me. I'm happy but I'm miserable as I'm sure some of you mommas can relate to. My poor husband has been a trooper though. Through the puking, complaining, mood swings, the fact that I have pretty much stopped cooking because I can't handle the smells, and the no cleaning because I'm so tired in the evenings, he's done great. He's even been cooking and cleaning for me. :) I joked and said maybe I should get pregnant more often. ;) Here is pretty much what my whole diet has been consisiting of. Crackers and sprite. Not very appetizing after a while, let me tell ya.



Not a whole lot of changes. Some bloating and feeling uncomfortable but not too bad. I did go through about 5 days with no morning sickness though and that scared the crap out of me. At first I was greatful, but then I started to get nervous because I thought something had to be wrong. I mean, I thought if I was going to have morning sickness, I was supposed to be miserable for at least the first trimester. WRONG! Come to find out, I really should have savored and enjoyed those couple of days because guess what came back with vengence? Yup! Come to find out, morning sickness likes to sometimes play little mind tricks on you because yesterday, my alarm clock went off at 1:30 a.m. and it wasn't a beep. I ended up spending pretty much that whole day on and off being completely sick. So next time, I will enjoy feeling like normal and eat somethings that I want before it comes back.

I'm hoping over the next couple of days to get to you guys a basic menu of what normally my husband and I eat. (That is, when I get to eat normal) I'm hoping to get back to cooking ASAP so we can get started on our foodie adventures of new things. Right around this time of year is my favorite to bake and cook so I'm already getting an extremely late start on the homemade breads, the yummy soups, baked goodies.... Just typing this is making me want to go make the cinnamon almonds and pecans I saw on Pinterest a while ago. lol Who knows, that might be the next post. :) Plus, I'll be posting weekly updates on my pregnancy and how things are going and the new products that I'm getting to try and use along the way.

For starters, my oldest sister is pregnant right now as well and she isn't having the best time with morning sickness either. But my dad was talking to her and she was telling him that she found these bracelets you can buy call SEA bands that are supposed to help ease your morning sickness by a bead putting pressure on a nerve in your wrist and that they had been helping her. So guess what I went and got today? YUP! You can find it right in the pharmacy come to find out by the motion sickness medication and at this point I'll try just about anything that will help. As I type I have them on. I haven't been able to notice a difference yet, but I'll keep you updated since it's only been about 30 minutes since I put them on.

Let's see if the are something great and work or if this is going to be my first flop.

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)

No comments:

Post a Comment